This year you have a number of chances to win when registering online for Steps for Life!
DRAW 1: Entries received by April 1, 2022 qualify for a chance to win a $500 Visa gift card in our “Early Bird Draw”.
DRAW 2: Entries received on or before May 31, 2022 for Steps for Life qualify for a chance to win $1,000 Visa gift card.
A few conditions:
• The Prizes: The following prizes are available to be won (all of which have been donated by Amazon Inc.):
• Draw 1 (Early Bird Draw) Prize: $500 Visa gift card
• Draw 2 Prize: $1,000 Visa gift card
• Contest Period: The Contest begins on Monday, February 1, 2022 at 9:00am Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on Monday, May 31, 2022 at 12:00am PT (the “Contest Period”). The winners will be announced June 15, 2022.
• Eligibility: The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees (and those with whom such employees are domiciled) of the Association of Workplace Tragedy Family Support (Threads of Life).
• How to Enter:
a) Register Online – To be entered in the draws, participants must register online for Steps for Life during the Contest Period. Participant has three opportunities to participate in the contest:
a. To be eligible for Draw 1, participants must register online by 11:59 pm PT on April 1, 2022.
b. To be eligible for Draw 2, participants must fundraise $200 or more online by 12:00 am PT on May 31, 2022. For every additional $100 the participant raises online, he or she will receive an additional entry in “Draw 2”.
b) No Purchase Necessary – In choosing this option, to be entered in the draws, participants must write a 500-word essay on “Why Threads of Life is important in their community” and submit it by email, together with the participant’s full name, address and phone number, to [email protected] by Monday, May 31, 2022 at 12:00am PT. Participants may submit as many essays as they wish, but each must be submitted separately. In addition, all essay content must:
i. be original for each entry, not repetitive;
ii. not have been published previously, used commercially, submitted to another competition or contest, or won any other award;
iii. be in “good taste” and in keeping with Threads of Life brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by Threads of Life, in its sole and absolute discretion;
iv. not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
v. not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Threads of Life or its services;
vi. not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
vii. not violate any law or regulation;
viii. not be libellous, threatening or harassing;
ix. not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
x. not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
• Random draws will be held as follows:
• Draw 2 will be held on June 15, 2022 at approximately 12:00pm PT from all valid entries received by 11:59 pm PT on May 31, 2022.
• Winners will be notified by telephone or email. In order to win, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, an arithmetical, time-limited, skill testing question. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within 7 days of the draw or if the selected entrant otherwise fails to comply with these rules, such entrant will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries, which selected alternate must also be contacted and confirmed within 7 days of the subsequent draw.
• Winners will be required to sign a release form confirming acceptance of the prize as awarded and releasing Threads of Life and Amazon Inc. and their respective affiliates from any liability relating to the prize. By entering this contest, entrants consent to the use of their names and/or photographs for publicity purposes without compensation, worldwide in perpetuity and in any form of media including the Internet.
• Threads of Life is not responsible for, (i) late, lost, delayed, not received, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, stolen, postage due or illegible entries; or (ii) failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient. Threads of Life reserves the right to cancel or modify the contest if, in its sole discretion, it determines that the contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason (such as tampering or infection by computer virus, fraud, technical failures, printing or distribution errors, or any other causes or occurrences have compromised the fairness or integrity of the contest).
a) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of Threads of Life with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.